(Last Updated: 27 JAN 2009 )
The Journal of Implant and Advanced Clinical Dentistry (JIACD) is a subsidiary of SpecOps Media, LLC (SOM). SOM is a New York based limited liability corporation engaged in the production of dental literature through various multimedia outlets.
At SOM, we respect the privacy of our users and the importance of the information they entrust to us. Below is summarized the basic consumer privacy policies and practices in place on all SOM websites and multimedia applications. SOM websites include covered by this policy include, but are not limited to the following:
Collectible Information We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address, (i) when you provide it to us while using our website or in some other manner, or (ii) from our business partners and/or from other third parties. We may combine the personal information that we receive from different sources. We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you visit our website:
- SOM website server logs automatically collect data, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users’ movements around our website and understand trends
- We may assign your computer one or more cookies that may collect data to facilitate access to SOM websites and personalize your online experience
- We may use standard internet tools, such as web beacons, which collect data that tracks your use of SOM websites and enables us to customize our services and advertisements.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 18. Should we ever do so, we will comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
Information Others May Collect
We may allow third-party advertising companies or ad networks to display advertisements on our websites.
- We do not provide any personal information to these companies.
- These companies may use tracking tools, such as cookies, to collect information about computers used to view or interact with their advertisements.
- Some of these companies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers consumers the ability to opt out of ad targeting by all member companies.
If you post information about yourself (or others), or communicate with others using our multimedia applications, please note that we cannot control who reads your postings or what they do with the information you provide. We encourage you to use caution in posting personal information.
How We Use Collected Information
We may use information collected from our websites/multimedia applications to:
- Fulfill your requests for products and services
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to you
- Customize the advertising and content that you see on our website
- Facilitate use of our website
- Manage your account and your preferences
- Analyze use of and improve our website, products and services
- Identify/protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our website
The specific names of the cookies collected:
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below, or except when we inform you in advance and give you the opportunity to opt out. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf
- Other businesses with which we partner or which we carefully select to offer you products, services, and promotions through our website or offline
- Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of our users
We may share aggregated, non-personal information in any of the above situations and also with advertisers and others.
When using SOM websites/multimedia applications, you may choose:
- Not to provide personal information, although that may result in your inability to obtain certain services or use certain features of our websites/multimedia applications
- To stop receiving promotional emails or newsletters from us by sending an email to the contact address at the bottom of this policy
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our website may not function properly
- To review and update your personal information by contacting us at the email address at the bottom of this policy or, if you have an online account on our website, by logging into that account
We take appropriate physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
We may provide areas on our websites (such as our JIACD Message Boards) where you can post information about yourself (or others) and communicate with others. Such postings are governed by our Terms of Service. In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Once you have posted information, you will not be able to edit or delete such information.
Our websites/multimedia applications are intended for dental professionals but may be accessed by general audiences, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
Visiting our websites from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to Contact Us